The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

May 26, 2008

4-H Camp

Woe is me. My child just left for camp at 8:00 am this morning. He'll be gone until Friday. I know he's going to have a great time. He has friends going with him and he's been so looking forward to this day. I, on the other hand, have been dreading this day. I sent him off with a duffle bag and won't hear from him again until Friday. How do parents cope? Please, Lord, make this week go fast!



Preston (in red) and his buddy Josh are ready to go!

Preston is a little nervous after loading the bus.
Oh, my heart aches, but I keep a good game face and cheer him on.

He'll be just fine. I can't wait to hear about all the fun.

1 comment:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I don't know how you are going to do it! Seriously! BUT 'good for you' because he will make some beautiful memories and have such a wonderful time. It is always hardest on us mamas. Your prayers can reach him still. I love summer fun. We get so precious little of it up here in the tundra land. We got to wear tanks and shorts yesterday for a few hours before the winds kicked up and it was like a little vacation even though I was bent over on the deck scrubbing the whole time! :)