The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

July 6, 2009

7 Months



For our 7 month anniversary, Nana and I took all the kids to the Nashville Zoo. Here we are at the top of the bird Avery.





Okay, truth be known, that was a total coincidence.



Actually, July 2nd came and went without anyone even remembering what a special day it was. Instead of kicking myself over my scatter brain, absent-mindedness for forgetting to post about how time flies and all the happiness Lexi brings us, etc., etc., the more I think about it, maybe it was actually a good thing.

It means that adoption is no longer forefront in my mind. It's as if Lexi has always been an Abraham. She is just part of our gang. She is special in her own unique way just as all my boys are special. She's special because she is a girl with four big brothers who adore her. The fact that she was born in Russia, and that long and difficult road to bring her home, is no big deal anymore.

That's not to say we won't still celebrate milestones and anniversaries. Of course we will. And we will always be proud of and celebrate her heritage. But I think it's neat how we have been slowing progressing from being an adoptive family into just an ordinary, crazy busy, fun-loving family who just so happened to travel to Russia for their daughter.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! At least I took lots of photos of Lexi that day...




These pics are not the best quality, but I love them anyway. Lexi is losing her "babyish" look and has become quite the active toddler. She really enjoyed the mat play area at the Zoo's Jungle Gym.








She also really enjoyed all the fish, spiders, snakes, turtles and frogs in the Aquarium.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute! a happy, beautiful little girl.

Nichole said...

The picture of all your kids sitting on the log is precious! Lexi is adorable and her curls are to die for! We are going to an aquarium in a few days and I hope Vera enjoys it as much as Lexi did!

Cori said...

Love the pony tail. Isn't it fun?
BTW, I should have the pictures burned and ready for you in a few days.

Party Of Six said...

So happy to read that! It sums up the way I feel, too and couldn't seem to put it in words! So thanks! Great to see how well Lexi is doing. She is so precious!