The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

September 2, 2009

9 Months

Lexi has been with us for 9 months! She is more delightful everyday! When she first came home last December, lots of people asked me if I was enjoying finally having a girl. I said it was fun playing dress up with her, but truth be known, having spent the first 14 months of her life in an orphanage, Lexi was still very much like a 6-9 month old b.a.b.y. She wasn't walking or talking, ate mostly baby food, could care less about dolls or anything girly, and she generally didn't have an opinion about anything. Except for changing her diapers and remembering which way to wipe, it wasn't much different from taking care of my boys when they were babies.

Well, I can tell you now ALL that has changed. And, YES, we are unequivocally having fun with our little girl. And, just for the record, I think boys are easier. Lexi is talking up a storm, loves hugs and kisses (insists on them), loves babies of all shapes and sizes (even more so if they have four legs), loves shoes, clothes, purses, princesses, crowns, etc., and she has very strong opinions about everything!

Who knew girls could be so full of drama?

Okay, besides my brother and sisters (with my 11 nieces).


Just when I think I it can't get any better, it miraculously does.
We all thank God for her everyday!

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

She has the greatest smile! I love reading your blog. You have such a happy ending with Lexi being so healthy and such a great fit for your family. I hope to get a piece of that very soon!

Carrie said...

That is exactly how I feel. It just gets better everyday. At my house the girl is way easier than the boy. Sophie has always been easy. I know that will change as the teen years approach. Sam on the other hand is just as wild as they come. They are both fabulous though. Maybe I just understand the drama. Anyway I love her happy face. How are the boys?

Melissa said...

She is just so adorable. I love her little dresses. Congrats on 9 months! Wow! We are on 6! I can't believe it!
Melissa

Amy said...

What a happy girl -- and such changes over the past 9 months. Seems like SOO much longer!

Rich and Jolynn said...

She is so cute. Her personality just shines through every picture that you post. This pic is so cool! Congratulations on nine months together. You have a beautiful family.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

She is so beautiful and you are very blessed to have such a great little girl..and she is blessed to have you as her Mommy.

I totally know what you mean about little girls...they are a lot more work...emotionally than boys...but you get to dress them with bows and that makes it all worth it! ha.
That picture speaks for itself. Girly with a little toughie mixed together. Love it!

Hope you are doing well.

Kristine

Barb said...

Ohhh,Lexie is such a little doll!! And her personality just shines through in her face. I know you're busy with work, etc. . . . but sure do miss you out here in bloggerland!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying boys are easier, I think so too, but not everyone has the guts to say it!:)

Carey and Norman said...

How cute is that picture? So very sweet! What a cutie batootie she is!!

Anonymous said...

Great pix of Lexie!

I only have one boy....but he is easier than my girls. :) Welcome to girl drama. :)

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - 9 months? I can see the post coming for 1 year already and I just can't believe it! She's so sweet and that photo is priceless - girlie dress on a boyish background - it's perfect!!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

She is such a little gift. After having the two girls first, then Dima, I have to agree about boys being easier. It's hard to explain why but that is the impression I get too.

Jody and Rich said...

Wow, I hadn't looked at your blog for awhile...Lexie has grown like a weed and is soooooo adorable. I really love the before and after pictures too. Amazing what good food and a lot of love will do!!
She is precious.
Jody