The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

October 20, 2009

Breaking News!

Lexi will now (albeit reluctantly) wear a bow in her hair without yanking it out within the first 5 seconds! She set a new record on Sunday by wearing a small purple bow for 5 hours straight! Whoohoooo!!!

And check out the shoes! Yep, that's right. See ya next summer Pink Crocks!



Thanks to everyone for sending me suggestions about how to handle Lexi's obsession with her pink Crocks. When it seemed like nothing would ever work, I decided to videotape her reaction to putting on a different pair of shoes (so I could hopefully laugh at it someday). Well wouldn't you know that with the camera rolling as soon as I offered her these cute brown shoes with the little pink flower, she stuck her foot in the air as if there had never been a problem. The little stinker! We did have one relapse while on vacation last week, but it was short lived. So the shoe crisis is over.... for now.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Oh she is so beautiful! It must be a 2 year old thing because Anna has just started wearing a bow too. But then she tries to put it on the Dottie. Anna keeps trying to wear my nephew's shoes because they light up! I guess I will have to get a pair that does that too.
Joy

Melissa said...

What adorable photos. She is so cute. I love her curly hair, especially with the bow in it. What a doll.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

welcome to the bows! very exciting indeed. :)

Amy said...

Oh man is she beautiful! What changes over the past year...

loving the bow!!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Every diva is entitled to a shoe crisis from time to time. :) Love the bow, can't believe how big she's getting!

Roger and Joanne said...

She has changed so much since you got her.

Bows in the hair are certainly a victory! Whoohoo!

My little girl has a fascination with ALL her shoes. She must always have some on and then still continues to change them at least 5 times a day. She's killing me since I don't really like shoes worn in the house.

Carey and Norman said...

Too sweet! Love the longer hair and curls. What a cutie pie! Cute story about the shoes too!

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - a hairbow and you conquered the shoe obsession - I would say you are 2 for 0!!

Happy Birthday belated also!! We'll be looking forward to pinkalicious next year!

Nichole said...

I would love to know how you got Lexi to keep a bow in her hair! Vera won't keep one in, so I always put her hair in a little pony on top of her head and she looks like Pebbels! It is cute, but eventually it won't be, say when she goes to Kindergarten!