The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

September 18, 2007

The wait keeps getting longer

One of the reasons we chose to use CHI is because they have completed many adoptions in Moscow region. They agreed to let us request to submit our dossier to the Moscow region because I thought it would be easier when the boys traveled with us on Trip Two. I'm starting to have some concerns about this process. The wait time for a little girl referral from CHI keeps getting longer and longer. Our homestudy has not been finalized yet and I am hesitant to submit all of the dossier paperwork I've been collecting until CHI has been reaccredited.

However, I have been doing some research and another *accredited* agency has assured us it would only be 2-5 months for a referral with them -- but we'd have to be willing to venture a little farther out of the Moscow region and into Russia's Siberian regions. Hmmm, Decisions, Decisions!

No comments: