The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

August 10, 2008

08.08.08 was great!

This rare date was my birthday. I decided to treat myself to the thing that I love doing best. Hanging out with my kids at an amusement park. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was just 82 degrees with no humidity. Most August days here are sweltering. So we took a little road trip to one of our favorite places. Beach Bend Park!

We spend most of our time riding rides and the last hour was spent playing in the water park, but the petting zoo was really fun this trip too. There were so many playful baby goats. Nolan and Liam had a blast feeding them. One of the mama goats was in labor and we got to see two babies born. I'll spare you the photos I took of that -- I guess it is something that you really can't capture the wonder of it all on film.








Beech Bend Park added a Magic Show this year that was entertaining as well. As part of the audience participation, I was asked to pick a card...any card. Of course, I picked the card that the Magician had written the words on the back that said "You will pick this card!" Garrett was selected out of the audience to help tie up the assistance in the last escape artist act. All in all, pretty cool show!



The rest of the photos are from miscellaneous rides. They are mostly of Liam because I couldn't keep up with the older boys. They were busy riding all the roller coasters! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It doesn't seem that long ago that Preston and Garrett could only ride kiddie rides.







There was a mean lady at one of my kids' favorite rides. I mean she was vicious. She kept trying to pick a fight with my mom. I couldn't just walk away because my kids were on the ride. The strange thing is that she was on her cell phone the entire time. And cussing in front of her kids. I finally stepped in between her and my mom (who BTW has never backed away from confrontation) and told the mean lady to please go away because I was not going to let her ruin my day. I thought we were going to have to call security on her, but she just glared at me then walked away. It was bizarre. What's up with some people these days?

Otherwise, it truly was a great birthday!

No comments: