The weather has been so nice that we recently carved some time out of our busy schedules and headed to the park. Nana (my mom) came with us and our good friend, Sophie. After our picnic lunch, we decided to all go play kickball (yes, even Nana). It was me, Nana and Liam against Preston, Garrett and Sophie. Do I even need to tell you that our team got skunked!
Anyway, the bees were really bad at the picnic table while we were eating, so before we left to go play kickball, we tried to cover up our drinks as best we could. Unfortunately, one little pest got through the plastic barrier over Sophie's drink. After our game, she took a big gulp from her soda can.... and drank a bee! I am cringing at the thought of it even as I type. It went into her mouth and stung her tongue. Ouch!!! She immediately spit it out and stomped it. We had ice in the cooler so she sucked on ice for about 1/2 an hour and then was fine. Thank goodness she wasn't allergic or that could have been disasterous. She was a real trooper the whole time. Much better than any of my boys would have been (or myself for that matter.)
Picnic in the park with Sophie (before she drank the bee)