The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

November 6, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part

First, a big thank you for your thoughtful emails and phone calls. Your words of encouragement mean so much to me and each one lifted my spirits a little higher. Yesterday was just a down day and I'm not really sure why. But by the evening, I was at peace with this process again. I have no control over what will happen or when and there's no point in making myself miserable over it. I trust that everything will all work out - some how, some way!

Here are the things I know:

~ Our little girl is in a good baby home and she is being well taken care of.

~ She has no idea what is going on and is not missing us like we are missing her. (That's a good thing.)

~ If there is any way humanly possible to take our boys to Russia with us, we will.

~ If we have to miss Christmas programs, the show will go on.

~ There is still plenty of time to get her home before Christmas. That call could come any day now.

~ If not, we'll still have wonderful Christmas! Because Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

And...

Tom Petty was right - The waiting is the hardest part.

6 comments:

Over-Caffeinated said...

Oh girl, my heart aches for you!

I just realized when I saw your post on Barbs site that I hadn't heard from you lately. Then I realized that somehow you got removed from my blogroll, so I'm headed out to add you back now! :) But when I read this, my heart aches for you! I remember the torture of it and I can't imagine how you're doing with the holidays and all this in the midst. I'd be a total basket case!

Hang in there!

"Never, no never will I leave you nore forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Becky and Keith said...

I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. The holidays make it so much harder. Tom Petty definitely was right... if only someone knew how to make it easier! Hang in there! We'll be praying for you!

Ryan and Katie said...

I know the pain of waiting that you are enduring right now. With Zac home now I can tell you...I can see some of the reasons why our wait was so long and I trust in God's goodness to us for countless reasons I will never know. Also, now that he is home it is as if he has always been with us...so natural and wonderful. Knowing that doesn't make your heart ache any less as a mother, but as believers we have hope that does not disappoint.

Amy said...

There is nothing I can say to make this wait any easier. Just know you are one day closer to getting that court date. All in God's time.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad to hear that you are in better spirits...ah, the emotional roller coaster of adoption.

I think knowing that our little ones are in good hands and that they do not miss us like we do them makes it a little easier!

Praying for news soon to come!

Joy said...

Okay I am making a list of music so that I can make some DVDs of my wait and I think I have to steal this one from you.

I pray that she is home soon. I am going to start to imagine the steps that it takes to get her home and think positively for you all.
Joy