The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

December 27, 2009

Blogger Upgrade -- Update

Okay, so I figured out how to get back the old way of editing posts. I went to Customize - Global Settings - Select Post Editor. There is a choice between "Updated" or "Old Editor" and a third choice that is not applicable. I choose Old Editor and saved changes. Whew, thank goodness!

There were some nice features to the updated editor. For example, the strike through feature is on the tool bar. You can upload photos faster and once they are in your post, placing your mouse over the photo will give you the option of making that photo small, medium, large or extra large and you can select left, center or right. BUT... moving those photos around is NOT EASIER and I will go so far as to say it is MUCH HARDER. Spell check was removed from the tool bar, heaven forbid. But the worst thing was that blogger stopped notifying me email when someone left a comment. So all that may be user problem, (i.e. me) but I did not find the updated editor to be user-friendly at all.

I discovered that it is pretty simple to move photos around in the old editor by simply going into edit Html mode and using cut and paste. For our next blog, I will be looking around for a new blog editor. Anyone have a favorite to recommend???

Edited: BooHoo. Blogger is still not sending me emails with comments. What have I done wrong?

5 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

This is a test to see if Blogger will send me an email.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

It didn't. :(

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Another test

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Yet another test

Over-Caffeinated said...

Hmmmm, don't know. Did you make sure your e-mail address is in there and the box is "checked" to receive updates? I changed to the new editor and it didn't mess with that at all?

You are switching FROM blogger?

Have you tried using Windows Live Writer to post? I can't use it because I use a Mac, but Kristine and Barb use it and LOVE it.