The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

December 29, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas


The Christmas Tree was full of watermelon flavor candy canes. We wondered how Lexi was able to reach them. 
       It soon became evident. 

 
Here she is pointing to a new ornament that my sister sent me.  It has almost all the grandchildren and Nana (my mom) and was taken at Thanksgiving this year.  It's very precious.

I love this photo with her Russian Bear. She loves him so much.


We spent Christmas Eve-Eve making Sugar cookies...



Nolan discovered that if you put too much sugar and too many sprinkles on a cookie, the dough will not cook all the way through.  I tried to tell him, but this was a lesson he had to learn for himself.

The kids could hardly wait for the cookies to come out of the oven!
They may not be as beautiful as Martha Stewart's cookies, but they still tasted great and the kids had fun making them. 
That's all that really matters, right?



Lexi couldn't wait to eat with everyone else.  She insisted on sampling everything first and then enjoyed sitting at the bar with the big boys.

We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with Martin's side of the family: Michael, Elaine and Grandma. Grandma and Elaine (a.k.a. Auntie Bunner) catered. Chicken, broccoli, Syrian Rice, Brownies and Pumpkin Pie. Yum!  Almost everyone in the photos have their mouths full.  Sorry.  I may not be the best photographer, but at least I got proof that everyone enjoyed the great meal. ☺

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love, love, love the picture of Lexi on the box!!!! Looks like you had a great xmas!

Mama Fish said...

Yep, my tow favorite photos in this post are Lexi on the box and with her Russian bear. Her hair looks so cute in pigtails!

I am so proud of you for baking sugar cookies. That to me feels like such a chore. So, even if they are like Martha's- who cares.... you did it and made a wonderful memory with your children!! Good for you!