The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

December 20, 2009

Christmas Card Photos ***edited


Edit: My mom just informed me that I didn't sign her Christmas card. Oops! Good thing she recognized her grandchildren.  I wonder which other cards didn't get signed. Guess that's what happens when you try to multi-task one too many things. 

I finally made a new header for my blog! Of course, it will be out of season in just a few days. Oh well. It's a start. I made that photo in my attempt to get our Christmas cards out. Despite my best efforts and demands, pleading, begging, jumping up and down, and standing on my head, calm and gentle reminders for the kids sit still, all look at the camera at the same time, stop sticking out tongues (Lexi), no goofy faces, no rabbit ears over your brother's head, and by all means, please just smile.... I couldn't get one decent photo.

So I made a photo collage that is now my blog header. It's really cute, but unfortunately, when I printed it as a 4 x 6 photo, the faces were all too small. Sigh.

Then, out of the blue, without prompting, I happen to notice that all my kids were playing (nicely, I might add) in a red plastic boat. And they were all happy. So I whipped out my ever-handy camera and snapped one shot. Lo and behold, it worked! It's not perfect by any means. Nolan's head looks huge, the boys are not dressed in nice Christmasy sweaters, and I didn't like the background, so it took some time to crop all that out. But, hey, beggars can't be choosy.

At least Lexi is wearing her Russian Snow Maiden costume.

Starting January 1st, I will be saving up for next year's photo and will let the professionals work their magic! I'm done.


I didn't think I would get photos of Preston and Garrett with Santa this year. Thankfully, he paid a visit to their school for me. Did you know that it is not considered cool for a 6th grader to sit in Santa's lap? Good thing Preston is a good sport!



I think Santa lost one of his little elves!


Lexi at the N@shville Symph0ny waiting for the NSO children's Christmas concert to begin.



There was an animated cow in the lobby named "Moosy". Lexi loved her.
Nolan and Liam thought it was a bit silly.



After the concert, Preston and Garrett were in a quick group shot of the Boy Choir and Concert Choir outside the Schermerh0rn Symph0ny Center


The performance was wonderful, but I know all the boys are glad to get a break until the next symphony concert series in February.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Your family is so precious. They are always so happy even though you can't always get them to smile at the same time.

The boys must be doing fine in public schools even though it was a change at first.

Lexi is a real doll. You are so fortunate, all those curls, her smile and very friendly personality. I have followed your blog every since you get her and brought her home from Russia.

I have no grandchildren so it has been fun to watch the families who have brought children home from Russia.
Merry Christmas and May God Bless You

Craig and Phyllis said...

Loved your photos, even if you had to do lots of extra work. I had to tell our three boys to say "poop" and that got us the best shot! Oh the things we do.

Have a very wonderful Christmas!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I so know what you mean regarding Christmas pictures...I took 67! and then used the first picture LOL.

Merry Christmas!!!

Kristine

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Dear Anonymous, thank you for your sweet comment. You just made my day and put a huge smile on my face. Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Mama Fish said...

Kim- I cracked up when I read your edit! I sent out all of my hubby's company cards first, and I was multi-tasking too! I was worried I had missed signing one, so I pulled each card out of the envelope to check before I sealed them up. 30 of them!! That must be my self diagnosed OCD.... LOL!

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh no - I would totally forget to sign it too! I love the card - it turned out great! Merry Christmas!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.