So I know it's been a while since I was tagged, but nevertheless, I am honored to have received a Blog Award! My friend, Jackie, over at Life in the Fish Bowl, tagged me with the "Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award." Jackie is not only an awesome homeschooling, blogging, remodeling, recipes and money-saving tips sharer, God loving, organizing, Jr. Pro football Super-Bowling team mom to two exceptionally cute and smart Lego robot-building boys, but Jackie and her King Fish also brought their third precious son home from Russia nearly a year ago too. She is one of my most faithful blog readers and always leaves comments that brighten my day. Thank you, Jackie!
Now I am to list 10 random things about myself:
1) One the things that I was most thankful for this Thanksgiving is that I finally have enough pink and purple in my laundry to wash a load every few days. Silly, I know, but I waited a long time for those girly colors so I am enjoying every minute of it.
2) When I was in the 4th grade, I showed my first heifer in the livestock show at the TN State Fair. Her name was "Deborah". She was in heat the day of the show. I didn't know what that meant at the time. She went crazy in the ring and dragged me in circles, but I never let go. Deborah placed dead last in her class, but I won the showmanship award. I think the judges felt sorry for me.
3) I have worked for my current employer for over 17 years. I started working for my company the same week I started law school in 1992.
4) I don't like to talk on the phone very much, but could talk to my friends for hours face-to-face. This tends to drive my boys and husband a little crazy when they are trying to get me to leave somewhere like church.
5) I have had my Blackberry/cell phone for a almost year now and still don't know how to use all its features. I can actually answer the phone and retrieve voice-mails, but that took nearly 6 months. Who has time to read a manual that is thicker than "War and Peace"?
6) I read all the Twilight books and enjoyed them.
7) In the 8th grade, I broke my leg pole vaulting in some friends' front yard. Being the typical smart teenager (NOT), we weren't using the mat...it was in the back yard.
8) In college, I was in the Tri-Delt sorority. Delta, Delta, Delta, 3 times better!!!
9) Christmas is my all-time favorite time of the year. I start decorating in November. Christmas Pageants, Recitals, cute clothes, and the music are all wonderful, but what I enjoy most is our Advent Calender family tradition. I love read the Christmas story in Mathew and Luke to my children every night in December and listening to them read their Bibles to me now. It just makes my heart flutter!
10) I have reached an age where I can't remember how old I am anymore. When someone asks my age (friends, not total strangers), I have to start doing the math in my head... let's see, I was 30 when I got married... 31 when my oldest son was born... this is 2009.... that would make me...
There you have it. 10 random facts about me. I am supposed to pass this award on, but I'm just not good at that sort of thing so, sadly, my blog will be a dead end. But if you are looking for some blogs to read, please check out my side bar. There are sooooo many good ones listed you'll be reading all night!