The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

March 24, 2010

I finally remembered that I have a Blog!

Now if I can just find more time in the day to keep it updated!

Liam at his first Fiddle Competition

He walked right out on the stage and played "Boil the Cabbage Down"
without missing a note. He was competing against kids up to age 10 most of whom who were extremely good. But I was so proud of him for doing his best!

As soon as the Pee Wee fiddle competition was over, I had to run Liam home for baseball practice and pick up Garrett for his competition. Nolan and Lexi came with me while Martin took Preston and Liam to baseball. Lexi loved the music and was dancing through the halls and tried to dance onto the stage. Nolan, on the other hand, passed an old-timers band rehearsing outside and whispered to me, "I don't think they will place very high." Considering that his fiddle playing days only lasted about 3 months, I don't think he is a huge fan of Bluegrass.

Garrett can clean up pretty good sometimes too!
He placed third in his category.
His prize money was burning a hole in his pocket so we had to hit Toys-r-u$ on the way home.





1 comment:

scooterpeck said...

It's "Bile them cabbage down, boys, bile them cabbage down." I'm an oldtimer who listened to Blugrass Music on WSM Radio in the 40's before Hank Williams was famous. Liam looked so cool and Garrett so handsome in the black shirt I got him. Go Abraham Brothers !!! Now we need Preston and Nolan singing.