The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

November 3, 2007

Change is in the air

You may have been wondering why I haven't provided any updates on our adoption process lately. Well, I had to wait until we knew for certain and now we do. We will be changing adoption agencies on Monday. I couldn't say anything until now because our blog was listed on our 1st Agency blogsite under "waiting families" for Russia. However, I informed them we were considering switching to an agency that already has received its reaccreditation in order to shorten our wait. I felt it wouldn't be right to mention that on our blog while it was still linked to 1st Agency's website. I explained to them that since the purpose of our blog is to keep family and friends updated on our adoption progress, I needed to be able to discuss this issue freely and I requested that they remove our blog from their list.

The reply I received from 1st Agency was very gracious; "I wish you and your family all the best with your new agency and am excited for your daughter to join your precious boys as their new sister! Many blessings to you and your family."

One thing I want to be very clear about for anyone reading this blog who is currently a client of 1st Agency or considering signing up with 1st Agency -- it is a great adoption agency. Absolutely everyone was been wonderful to work with and I know that 1st Agency is an outstanding adoption agency of the highest integrity. The delays in Russia are not 1st Agency's fault and I sincerely hope 1st Agency receives its re-accreditation shortly. However, the current wait time for a referral after submission of dossier to Russia is just too long for us.

We'll be updating our home study next week with an agency out of Murfreesboro. Then they will send it off to Memphis to join our fingerprints for processing our CIS clearance. If all goes as planned, Martin and I could be traveling to meet our daughter within 1 to 3 months! I would love to see Moscow in Christmas lights! The change is a bit costly and we have gone through so many ups and downs in the past few weeks, but we really believe this is the right decision for us. I'll provide more details soon. Please keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Old DAN AND Little ANN said...

Your home is beautitful and so is your family. I respect your decision to switch for what it is worth. I don't think I could have stuck out such an uncertain delay. Also, your loyalties aren't, in the end, to an agency but to a special little girl. I pray the transition and referral process will go quickly for you.

Troy and Rachel said...

I understand your need to switch agencies and hope to hear soon of your referral. We are waiting it out a little longer right now. I'm glad you are happy with your decision.

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations on your news of switching agencies! We're going to "try" to hang on until the beginning of the new year and then maybe make a change. I hope things move very quickly for you!