The Abraham Family’s Journey to Russia to Bring Home Their Daughter

November 4, 2007

It's Fall, Ya'll


This is the view from our hammock. Ahhh, so nice.....

Okay, jolt back to reality, who has time to relax in a hammock? Certainly not I, but you know one of the most wonderful things about having kids is how they remind you to slow down and just enjoy God's creation. On Saturday afternoon, Liam was begging me to swing in the hammock with him, the older boys were begging me to jump on the trampoline with them, and all I can think about is how I need to be cleaning the house to get ready for another home visit next week, not to mention the mountains of laundry waiting for me. Well, I'm very glad to say that the laundry and house cleaning had to wait another day. And I jumped until my knees were buckling. Preston, in all the wisdom of a nine year old, said, "Mom, I just can't stop smiling. Maybe that is meaning of true happiness, when you just can't stop smiling and laughing." I'm so glad that I was there enjoying that moment with him and his brothers.
Then, I swung in the hammock until the sun starting setting and temperature starting dropping. I was reminded that time with our children is short, they are growing up so fast. Perfect fall days are fleeting. Laying there looking up into the sky and gently swaying in the breeze with my 3 year old nestled up beside me, I took a mental snapshot so I can remember that moment forever. (I just also happened to have my camera in my pocket too.)

I thank God for the gift of our family. I know He is with us in our good times and in our struggles. The coolness in the air and the turning of the leaves reminds us of a new season. Let us ask God to renew our spirit. Let our family actions speak the truth of His love and let those who see us know Him a little better.

Oh, as for the cleaning and laundry, well the boys had a couple of friends come over after church today. They helped clean the playroom and did an amazingly good job. At least that's one room down, just ten more to go! Any volunteers?

Ashlae Abraham Campbell with Adyson


Adyson Grace Campbell

We gave Ashlae and Andrew our TN Titans tickets today so Adyson got to spend the night with us again. She is such a sweet child. We always enjoy spending time with her. The boys are so sweet with her that I can only hope it is just preview of how they will be with a little sister. Every time we bring her to church all the kids want to know if she is my "new baby". We'd take her in a heartbeat, but I don't think Ashlae or Andrew are about to give her up for more than a day at a time!



P.S. Don't forget to scroll down check out our new fall videos!



No comments: